Shaileen Wallani, B.A. Hons, M.Sc., Speech-Language Pathologist, Reg. CASLPO
Shaileen is a registered speech-language pathologist who has earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from York University, and a Communicative Disorders Assistant Graduate Certificate from Lambton College. She continued her education earning a Masters of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders from Armstrong State University.
Shaileen has extensive experience in the assessment and treatment of children and adults with a variety of communication and swallowing difficulties. She emphasizes the involvement of family and caregivers in the therapeutic process to provide the most comprehensive and effective treatment and to provide a support network for her clients.
Shaileen’s additional training includes completing:
- Modified Barium Swallow Impairment Profile (MBSImp)
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT®)
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallow (FEES) education
- TRIBES Training
- Working With Adults and Adolescents With Autism Spectrum Disorders Certificate.
Other languages spoken by Shaileen include:
- Conversational American Sign Language
- Fluent Gujarati